Wednesday 13 June 2007

Who taught her to swim???

Wednesday - our sacred day. The day LA and I have nothing planned but each other.

We started well, we've banned the TV until 4pm as LA has taken to putting it on first thing in the morning and spending the day vegetating in front of it ( I take responsibility for letting her, but we are back on course now).
We sorted out all Big Acorn and Middle Acorns children's books and put them on LAs shelves in the conservatory. Some are much too old for her, but I think its good to have them available (books without pictures that is). Then we had a big hunt for LAs swimming costume - its vanished into the void, so off to Asda to find another. A bargain at £2.50!!

LA has been swimming all of 3 times, but has the courage of a warrior in the water. Today, with the help of armbands she was swimming. Gobsmacked - me?? Oh yes! Where did she learn that??
She just kept jumping deeper and deeper into the water until she couldn't touch the bottom, then stretched out and swam...this child never fails to amaze me!

2 comments:

penny said...

she must be part mermaid. Check your family tree, there will be mermaid in there, on the mother's side i bet.

Jules said...

hehehe

I wondered why I could never get trousers to fit!!