Wednesday 27 June 2007

Dinosaurs and Masks

Today LA and I went to New Walk Museum in Leicester. We saw how huge the dinosaurs were and how they could see in our bedroom windows if they bent down a bit. We looked at all the pretty rocks and identified their colours. We played with masks and talked about the emotions on the faces. We looked at the planet floating above our head and found the UK on a globe.
We had a good time, and we will go back.

I'm now pondering on if I should claim the funding for LAs playschool place next year. I have been reading on various newsgroups that the LEA use the information to trace children "missing from education". I don't know how friendly Leicestershire LEA are to Home Educators, so I'm feeling a little lost. It's not that I want to hide from them at all really, I'm not very keen on the idea - I'd rather be open and honest about it, but that assumes that they aren't going to be awful.
You don't let the lions know where you are hiding, do you?

No comments: