Friday 8 June 2007

Tagged

It appears I've been tagged - thanks Shakr (grrrr ;-) ).


The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The
rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are
listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their
names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know
that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


8 facts about me? I don't know if there are that many... but I'll try...

1. I'm 40 in October. I'm finding this thought oddly disturbing as I'm sure its my Mum who is 40, not me!!

2. I am a Druid. Despite having a Christian upbringing, it always felt like someone elses hat to me, never quite fitted properly. So I explored my own beliefs, then one day I discovered Druidry and it was exactly the same as my own beliefs...

3. I work as a "Mental Health Practitioner" in Leicestershire. I am a qualified Mental Health Nurse. Mostly I enjoy my work, but watching the NHS fall apart over the last few years has been very disturbing.

4. I became a Mental Health Nurse because as a teenager I thought I was going mad. I thought the best way to beat the system and avoid being locked up would be to know the system. I no longer believe I am "mad" but I appreciate that its a very short walk away for most of us. I am a very good nurse, it was the right decision.

5. I once buried my hibernating gerbil as I thought it was dead. It died.

6. I dread the day my children leave home.

7. I love watching Dr Who and Big Brother. I don't watch anything else apart from the occasional glimpse of Cbeebies.

8. I belong to a gym, but I haven't been for the last month.


I tag (with apologies to anyone annoyed by tags) :

Tammy (Quietly making noise)
Penny (When did I become a hippy)
Little Star Homeschool
Green House by the Sea
Going against the Flow

...don't know of anyone else yet that hasn't already been tagged. So that will have to do...there really was no hope of me totally conforming to this was there? Actually, I'm surprised anyone does, the Home Ed community I've seen so far, doesn't seem very good at doing what its told!!

3 comments:

dottyspots said...

(((hugs))) I didn't realise hamsters hibernated either and buried one when I was a teenager (I was really upset because I thought it had died - but felt even worse when I found out that very likely it was hibernating :( )

shukr said...

oh dear, I wonder how many meet that fate. gruesome./

sorry to have been a burden!

Jules said...

no probs Shukr :-)
I didn't mind really, I'm just a compulsary grumbler!!

Small Rodents ought to come with a list of warnings!!!