Sunday 10 June 2007

Catch up again

Friday we made chocolate cakes, they were supposed to be butterfly buns but they refused to rise high enough, so we dumped the butter icing on top and decorated it with more chocolate.

D our childminder had a baby girl on 5th June, excellent news - - -love babies: Congratulations D, K, J and E!!
Anyway, this has left us juggling childcare, I had arranged to go in to work late, but as Big Acorn has a few weeks off now before he starts his A2's he looked after Little Acorn while I went to work.
Saturday we went to the local Gala. Little Acorn was excited at the thought and to make it all the more exciting we went on the bus. Unfortunately either the excitement or the heat were too much for her and she became very irritable and stroppy. She had a bit of a play, but I had to phone Rich for a lift home as she became extremely (I don't like this word, but I can't think of a better one) unmanageable, laying on the floor, screaming, running off, etc. It was very extreme behaviour and totally out of the blue. My first thought were that she had eaten something that had made her behave this way, but I cannot think what it could have been and everyone denies giving her anything. It was just like her reaction to food additives - but I cannot think what it could of been (maybe the cake? but she didn't have many...and she doesn't normally react to cocoa) - - - but then, I was at work...
Saturday night I had to work again, so I've been sleeping this morning. Rich and Little Acorn have been busy gardening. This afternoon has been fairly typical of a post night shift day, we've popped out for a bite to eat (give me calories and make it NOW), I've baked the bread and we've bathed the stinking hound again.
LA is going to bed, so we can watch the repeat of Dr Who again. It was so good we want to watch it twice!!!

No comments: