Monday 18 June 2007

The News is Good, Bad, Good...

Little Acorn and I went to see our childminders D's new baby this morning. She's 13 days old, and very cute. LA marvelled at the size of her hands and feet and has now decided that she is a big girl. SO big in fact, that we no longer have to be with her when she goes to sleep. I've just put her to bed said goodnight and left. I don't know how long it will last, she's still awake.

I left LA there (D's not bed...), while I went to a funeral of a friends little baby boy. A strange experience to go directly from joy to despair. It was a beautiful funeral, the parents were very dignified.
I didn't envy the vicar though - trying to explain why God would do such an unthinkable thing. I'm not a Christian, so this felt rather strange to me, as though he was afraid that this dreadful experience would reflect badly on his "company".
But - I simply don't "get" Christianity at all - so maybe his words were a comfort to those who do. Who am I to judge?

Then from the despair back to the joy, to pick up LA and on to Tumble Tots.

Back home there followed one of those discussions with Middle Acorn about "Souls". I believe that the souls of those that have died are "absorbed" by those that love them and so they live on. I do not believe in Heaven or Hell, or reincarnation. MA believes in reincarnation. So a great discussion there. I love these in-depth talks with my almost-an-adult daughter. We've done a good job there, she makes me proud.

And HE? Well, after the declaration last week that he thought LA should go to school, Rich has arrived back at where he started. We both agree that LA will not be going to school next year (the non-mandatory year) and we will use it to see what we can achieve at home, before making the final decision. I think its me having the doubts now...

Good News, Bad News...

1 comment:

Jax Blunt said...

I like the soul absorption theory, not dissimilar to what I think/ believe goes on I suppose.