Monday 4 June 2007

Bring on the cold flannel

Yesterday we had a novel experience. We hadn't been to a car boot sale since 1994, so we chose the biggest one in Leicestershire to visit!! AGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
Actually, apart from being daunted by the size of it, we did enjoy ourselves (You can gather from this that our previous experiences of Car Boot Sales have not been pleasant can't you???).
We bought a couple of books and jigsaws for LA, some cucumber plants to replace the ones that last weeks frost killed 2 days after we put them out and a sweet pepper plant to complement the several hundred chilli pepper plants we appear to be growing in the kitchen!
LA had a wonderful time, she had an ice cream (a real treat) and spent a happy 30minutes on the bouncy castles.

In the afternoon, I had to work. I spoke to my boss about last weeks happenings, and to cut a long story short, it is all now sorted.
We are still so understaffed, I didn't get home until well past midnight, even though my shift was supposed to end at 10pm.

Today, I have been rather sleepy, due to the late hour I got home. LA has been playing up, I think she has seized the opportunity to cause chaos.
We have been to Tumble Tots and since we've been home she has continued with her "Look at me" behaviour. She has poured a yoghurt drink all over herself and the sofa and is now demanding a bath.
No hope! I'm not giving into that sort of behaviour. Its a nice cold wash with a flannel for you my girl!!
Maybe I'll try that myself as well...it might wake me up.

2 comments:

dawniy. said...

oooh so sounds how our Naomi used to be , in fact how she still is and she's 7 now lol

Jules said...

Thanks for that!!