Wednesday 16 May 2007

Grumpy Mum

Wednesday - I like Wednesday. Its the only day of the week that neither Little Acorn or I have to go somewhere. We usually go out somewhere fun, have lunch and eventually return home to smile at the housework I "should" have been doing.
However...Little Acorn has developed an allergy to sleep. Its a terrible affliction which shows itself in overexcitedness at 3am. For the last week, we have been joining in the dawn chorus, albeit not very tunefully!!
Little Acorn likes the early hours, and the late hours. In fact she doesn't and never has been one to sleep. She only started sleeping through the night in the week before her 3rd birthday. So even though a whole nights sleep is still something of a novelty to Rich and I - it has been cruelly taken from our grasp, before we could get used to it.
Therefore, I have been "Grumpy Mum" today and we have not left the house. She has on several occasions tried to kiss my tiredness better, and while I went to the bathroom first thing this morning, she laid the breakfast table without being asked (not bad for a 3 year old...).
Instead of our usual outing we have been cooking bread and cheese biscuits.
Oh and eating them of course.

No comments: