Tuesday 22 May 2007

Conflict!!!

Oh dear - here we go again...

Middle Acorn (15) is not happy. She doesn't think we should even be considering HE for Little Acorn (3).

I don't want to write too much - as her argument is that she has thoroughly enjoyed her school days. I am very glad she remembers them that way, and I would not ever wish to change that - therefore I cannot sit here and write about how I remember her early school years.

Middle Acorn is a very lovely and kind person, and I would never wish to upset her. I'm very glad she has happy memories from school.
Big Acorn (17) is more resigned to our strange ways - he knows that we will do what we will do and although he is happy to express his opinion (mostly concerns about having no friends and dressing in anoraks), he is not trying to change our minds.

Its difficult - we can't argue back and this is frustrating for Middle Acorn as she cannot understand why. We have always been prepared to give her a rational for our decisions, and this time, we won't.


So my Darling Middle Acorn - please forgive us for not having this discussion. We do love you and value your opinions very much. Its good to know that you have so many happy memories of school and its lovely to know that you want your sister to have the same experience.

I suppose its about remembering that different isn't necessarily worse.

Different can be good too.

No comments: