Wednesday 31 October 2007

Halloween!!

We've had a very busy day.

This morning we painted some Halloween pictures to cut out and stick around the door. LA mixed the orange without instruction from red and yellow - I was impressed!
Then we played Boggle - well, sort of Boggle. I found the game lurking upstairs on the bookcase, it belongs to BA, but I think he considers it too educational to be fun, so we "borrowed" it.
We shook the alphabet dice and picked a topic. Then we had to find related words starting with the letters shown. LA did really well, although she did invent a few words to win - but they started with the correct sound...
Then the post lady brought us some "proper" dice from eBay and we played with these for a while. LA was able to add the numbers together, which I thought she might find challenging - but as usual I was wrong.
After this I got distracted by the computer for a while, so we followed this by giving LA a bath to get the orange paint out of her hair! :-)

This afternoon we carved (chopped, scrapped and swore at) our pumpkin - well, squash. He has a very un-scary smiley face as dictated by LA.
The teddy bears were fed Pizza whether they wanted it or not and LA typed my shopping list out for me.

This evening we had a lot of friendly happy Trick and Treaters, who happily took the tiny packets of sweets LA offered them.
Unfortunately, LA decided to eat some of them and being so tiny, I made the mistake of thinking it would be ok. But no, since then we have had several food additive related tantrums and confusion.

She has gone to bed now, so here's hoping tomorrow will be calm and the additives left her system. I admit it has surprised me how little it takes to upset her.
To quote every teacher I ever had: "Julie must try harder".

And to all our Pagan friends:
"Happy Halloween" never seems an appropriate phrase, so here's hoping that all of you who have experienced grief find comfort and solace in this time of year and may your loved ones experience peace wherever they may be.
Blessed Be.
xxx

No comments: