Tuesday 30 October 2007

Today...

...we were brave and visited the Home Ed group in Leicester.
Brave - because I'll never get medals for being Mrs Sociable, in fact I'll never even be nominated. It's not that I'm awkward or shy, it's just that I am comfortable with me and forget that I "should" talk to others.
Anyhow, it was good. LA and I felt very welcome. But we left our lunch on the stairs at home (as you do) ...so we left early.
However, I learnt something today about LA.
LA doesn't need friends at the moment. I thought she did - I thought that the reason she had so many invisible friends (Jake, Milo, Bella, Fizz, Judy, Max and Doodles, and Razziedazzie and Jamie, and Gran...) was that she was lonely and longing for company.
I now realise that she lives in her own world - because she chooses to. She is capable of chatting and playing with other children - but she prefers the world that she can control. She's not yet at that stage of being able to happily play a game according to others "rules". She panics and runs back to me.
She's a serious gentle little soul, who gets genuinely upset when other people treat their dollies and teddies badly - so maybe she feels safer in the imaginary world where she can keep things safe.

So I will stop worrying and continue to give her opportunities to play with other people.
I will also try really really hard not to get to frustrated when Jake and Bella refuse to walk up the road and we have to wait for them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I never liked that Bella. In fact Tweenies was almost banned because of Bella's behaviour. I admire you for having her around as an imaginary pson.

Jules said...

Well, luckily for us, Fizz is in charge in imaginary land. Bella just does as Fizz tells her!
Jake is a baby and has to be in a buggy a lot of the time.
I have discovered that I can insist that Judy is looking after the tweenies and that just leaves us with the other 3 to deal with. I wonder how long that will last.