Thursday 9 October 2008

Goodbye Nursery

After 2 weeks of not going (illness and holiday), LA decided that she didn't want to go to Nursery ever again.
We talked about the reasons for this, and it really comes back to: 1. Her friends leaving to go to school and 2. Wanting to be with me. It's very odd, but I find the first reason much more acceptable, even through I know she's only 4.
Anyway, we walked to nursery this morning (with bag incase she changed her mind) and cancelled her place. Then we came home, baked bread and went for a lovely autumn walk.
So for now, we've escaped from the system.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I say YEA! for LA. A young woman who knows her own mind.

Kudo's to you Mom!

dottyspots said...

:0)

It feels a bit wierd I suppose, but really there's very little about nursery that you can't do at home (save for the number of children).

Nursery wasn't really high on my list of priorities, Nin did go for a little while, but she wasn't really that bothered, there was plenty going on elsewhere!