Wednesday 27 August 2008

Feeling better

Despite the anxiety I'm currently feeling about LA not starting school, I have something that has made me feel so much better.
LA and I were in Borders today, browsing when I found a magazine aimed at Primary teachers. A quick peak at it suggested that Primary teachers didn't think school was the best place for 4 year olds either...intrigued, I parted with my hard earned cash and have spent an enlightening 30 minutes reading it.
Wow, so many teachers declaring that Reception class is not the best place for children, complaining about the extended school hours taking away children's free time, becoming angry with their more controlling colleagues who want to ban football in the playground, despairing at the governmental controls - EYFS, SATS etc etc etc...
So, here I am feeling better - yes anxious, but I'm sure that will pass. Just imagine how anxious I would be if LA was starting school tomorrow...

No comments: