Friday 1 February 2008

Work

Well, yesterdays meeting was a waste of time and effort. The women I was meeting introduced herself and then said, "I have no idea why you're here". After explaining the project we hoped to do, and asking for the Trusts support in it, all I got was a load of negative answers.
I tried - I used my best mental health nursing skills to try to find out why she was so defensive, but to no avail. She says that she will need to talk to 7 other departments before making a final decision (thats the NHS for you - so much for improving patient care!!), and of course she's going to present our ideas in a negative light - so all hope has gone really.

At least as far as work is concerned - I am going to continue on with the project without them. Its actually not something I needed them for, I would however have appreciated their backing as it would have given some strength to my arguments.
I won't bore you with the details of the project - it's a very nursey, networking type thing.

She also said "You will need to write a proposal - but don't waste your time doing it yet!"

Grrrr.
Thanks!

2 comments:

sam said...

Sorry to hear that the meeting didn't go as you had hoped. I hope that you are able to get the project going-I am sure if do it will be a success.

Grit said...

this type of thing gets my goat. don't lose hope; go back with a refined proposal. grrr too.