Saturday 19 January 2008

Big Head

My head is now so large that we are having to get the builders to adapt the new extension!
Why, you may well ask, has it swollen to this enormous size?
Well, I have been swamped with praise, and this is so unusual to me that it has gone to my head!

I had an idea at work a few years ago, but I couldn't get anyone to understand what I meant. So I went ahead and did what was necessary and presented it to them last week. When I returned to work yesterday, I found that my little project had made it all the way up to the chief exec who emailed me telling me I was wonderful!

Hence the extended head...

Other news, is that our extension is really progressing quickly. It's hard to imagine that in 2 weeks time our house will be dramatically different. It will be great to have the extra space, and to be able to use the never used garage (soon to be room)!

LA is still not sleeping the whole night and is waking about 2am. I have no idea what to do about this, she climbs in our bed and if we object wakes the whole house by screaming. I think I need a plan...

3 comments:

Beyondmywildest. said...

Sorry. Forgot to say well done on the work thing!

sam said...

Congrats on the work front and on the extension. Sam is a night crawler too and putting a little futon on the floor next to our bed helped for a while-he would crawl into that instead of our bed. Sadly now he just makes a beeline for our bed and the dogs have taken over the futon!

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Congrats with your idea at work, you deserve to feel proud of yourself. Elle