Tuesday 21 August 2007

Playing, Learning and Pondering.

I started this blog a few months ago as a diary of the days we spend together, playing and learning.
During the last month I have been acutely aware that we do a lot more playing than learning...well, at least learning in the sense that I think of it.
I think I am going to have to adjust my attitude, as I know that as we play, we learn. I also know that LA is only 3 and she's "supposed" to be playing. So it's not that I'm anxious about it at all. I think its just, as I say, an increased awareness - probably brought about by pondering and reading around the topic of learning.

It is strange isn't it, how you worry when you feel you are under achieving, even though you know you're not.

Then just lately I've had the opposite worry in complete contrast to what I just wrote above. LA loves to draw and write, she knows a lot and wants to learn all the time. When I stopped worrying about us playing all the time I realised what a lot she already knows and how desperate she is to know more!!
Then of course, I worried that I was a "pushy mother"...

1 comment:

HelenHaricot said...

lol at the managing to be worried about 2 opposite4 things at the same time! and yes, you are *supposed* to do a lot of playing!