Tuesday 26 January 2010

Back to business

Back to Home Ed group yesterday, after a 6 week break. The session was a creative one, everyone brought in as many boxes (the bigger the better) as they had left from Christmas as the children (and the adults) got creative with them. There were boats, robots, cars and everything inbetween. Emily and I made a hovercraft.
It has returned to its former states as a cardboard box now, all the knobs and levers have fallen off.

Today we have been busy with "real HE stuff". This morning stated with me reading Emily a chapter of "Matilda" by Roald Dahl. Then we got ALL the craft things out and made a get well card for my sister in law, which Emily wrote beautifully. He writing really is improving, The various materials I keep giving her to write with seem to be making her think about the way she forms her letters. Afterwards we made lots of little paper people.


This afternoon Emily has made labels for our cross section of Planet Earth, and again surprised me at the amount she can take in. We only discussed it once and she was able to tell me which part was the inner core, outer core, Mantle and crust (and then if it was solid or liquid!). She does like working on a project.
She then played with the Cuisenaire rods, whilst I did a bit of housework. Then we looked through the recipe books to find something yummy to bake. Again, she surprised me with her ability to read the ingredients lists.
We made chocolate buns, and decorated them with icing. They didn't last long.

No comments: